Leadership Development that Starts Where You Are
What is this program?
ExecCoach Kansas is a civic leadership development experience that is custom-designed for you and your busy schedule.
You will work one-on-one with a Kansas Leadership Center coach in a powerful partnership aimed at increasing the effectiveness of your leadership. Coaching benefits you and your organization by allowing you to:
- Make more conscious decisions.
- Practice new action and behaviors.
- Increase competence.
- Gain insight.
- Develop confidence in your leadership.
How does it work?
Coaching at the KLC is grounded in our core leadership principles, especially the beliefs that, “Leadership is an activity, not position,” and that “Anyone can lead, anytime, anywhere.” Your coach draws on KLC’s deep understanding of how to mobilize people to make progress on difficult challenges. Research shows that coaching provides enormous value for developing individuals and their organizations.
Six coaching sessions (face-to-face or by telephone) give you time to build a relationship with your coach. The two of you will work together to set coaching goals, assess your strengths and vulnerabilities, and design action steps.
Through the coaching process, you’ll learn, grow and put new leadership skills into practice within your organization or community.
Who is ExecCoach Kansas for?
- ExecCoach Kansas is open to all Kansans engaged in civic life.
- You may be executive director of a nonprofit, key staff at a government agency, an elected official, director of a community foundation, or a business owner who is also a dedicated volunteer.
- Consider applying if you are:
- Facing a leadership challenge or opportunity.
- In the midst of a significant transition.
- Ready to build your leadership capacity.
- Seeking greater impact and satisfaction at work or in community.
What benefits can I expect from ExecCoach Kansas?
- Tailored and timely assistance that fits your busy schedule;
- A confidential listener;
- Help in problem solving and accountability;
- Support for real-time application of learning about leadership;
- A time and place to reflect.
About our KLC Coaches:
Members of the KLC Civic Leadership Coach Team bring diverse experiences and approaches to coaching, promising successful matches between coach and “coachee.”
KLC coaches are highly skilled professionals with years of experience in the civic arena. They have successfully completed 57 hours of coach training through The KLC. Several have attained certification through other coaching schools and the International Coach Federation. All of our coaches have completed multiple KLC programs, including our rigorous Art and Practice of Civic Leadership Development course.
How do I get started?
Not everyone is ready for coaching. Click here to take our pre-coaching survey and decide whether ExecCoach Kansas is right for you.
KLC will contact you within a week of your application application submission.
For more information about ExecCoach Kansas, contact Keshia Ezerendu at