Want to join a dynamic, collaborative team?
The Kansas Leadership Center is searching for a highly organized person with great people skills to serve as a full-time Program Associate.
As an emerging national voice in the field of civic leadership development, the Kansas Leadership Center offers top-notch faculty, a cutting edge curriculum and the only programs of their kind in the state of Kansas.
The Program Associate will help coordinate planning processes and educational sessions related to the Kansas Health Foundation Fellows program. This position also serves as a member of the Program Team and will help plan and support all activities within the team. This full-time position is located at the Kansas Leadership Center headquarters in downtown Wichita, 300 N. Main, Suite 100.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent communication skills sufficient to express ideas and agreements concisely and persuasively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
- Listening skills are very important to achieve goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, database management and internet applications.
- Ability to work in a team-based, highly collaborative environment.
- Collaborative by nature, eager and able to pull together the many elements of a complex program and to nurture and facilitate their work.
- Demonstrated integrity, dependability, sound judgment, teambuilding and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive, and effective working relationships with multiple and diverse constituency groups.
- Ability and willingness to travel around the state, including overnight trips.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help plan and implement program sessions and other related activities, including primary responsibilities for program materials, mailings and logistics.
- Coordinate and direct the Fellows Initiative Team.
- Serve as contact person for program participants and alumni.
- Help identify innovative research, best practices and programming with respect to cohort based civic leadership development.
- Help develop communication materials and marketing strategies.
- Attend conferences, seminars and meetings as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applications are due by May 23, 2012
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and a list of three references to Jamie Crouse, firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of The Kansas Leadership Center to provide equal employment opportunity without unlawful discrimination based upon race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status or any other lawfully protected reason.